Clickers/Polling Instructor Classroom Quick Guide - PowerPoint Polling
Instructional and assessment delivery for engagement and student feedback.
Quick Tutorial Videos
Full Refresher Video (10 minutes)
Set up in Classroom
- Log into the classroom computer and select the TurningPoint App icon or launch it from the start menu.
- Log in (using your UMD credentials) to your Turning desktop management dashboard.
- Optionally enter an Offline Password (will not work for mobile devices). This is for the continued use of clickers during a network outage.
- If you are using clickers, verify the receiver and classroom displays have the correct channel.
- If students will be using mobile devices, enable mobile responses and be sure to communicate the session ID to your participants.
- Select your ELMS-Canvas course from the pre-populated list (individual courses must have been enabled to appear on this list).
- In the PowerPoint Polling panel, click on the Start now link to open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Reset your session data and charts by selecting the Reset button on the TurningPoint tab.
- Begin your PowerPoint presentation.
- Use the interactive slides in your presentation to ask multiple choice and true/false questions. This type of question can be used with clickers and/or mobile devices.
- When using mobile devices:
- You can use the Hotspot type question for queries about an image.
- Use Word Cloud to identify popular answer choices.
- Consider creating teams for competitions.
- Have students rank responses to specify preferences.
- Group students into demographic groups for answer comparisons.
- Track student responses and statistics for each question.
- Compare answer choices and history for specific slides.
- End the presentation and save your session/clicker data by selecting the Save button on the TurningPoint tab.
- Save your PowerPoint presentation (optional) and close PowerPoint.
- Close TurningPoint and log out of the classroom computer.
For immediate help: 301.405.2500 (x52500)
report a problem | schedule training
get detailed instructions | more information