Clickers/Polling Instructor Classroom Quick Guide - Anywhere Polling
In this article:
Turning clickers are a Classroom Response System designed for instructional and assessment delivery that provides opportunities for engagement and student feedback.
- Log into the classroom computer and select the Turning App icon or launch it from the start menu.
- Log in with your UMD credentials to your Turning management dashboard.
- An Offline Password can be entered to continue to use clickers if there is a problem with the network.
- If you are using clickers, verify the receiver and classroom displays have the correct channel.
- Enable mobile responses to use mobile polling – and ensure that your students have the session ID.
- Select your ELMS-Canvas course from the list (individual courses must have been enabled to appear on this list).
- In the Anywhere Polling panel, click on the Start now link to open the Turning Showbar interface. (Questions can be asked verbally or shown using a Word Document, Keynote, Web page, etc.).
- Start polling by selecting Open Polling on the showbar.
- Stop polling by selecting Close Polling on the showbar (the results will be displayed).
- Poll on top of any application.
- Ask students questions with multiple choice and true/false questions.
- Award points based on correct/incorrect answer submissions.
- Group students into teams for competitions.
- Ask questions on the fly with open-ended questions.
- Insert customized questions.
- Message students individually or use Open Chat with mobile polling for collaboration.
- Group students into demographic groups for answer comparisons.
- Track student responses and statistics for each question.
- Save your clicker/session data – select options then session and save the session.
- Close Anywhere Polling and TurningPoint.
- Close your content and log out of the classroom computer.
For immediate help call: 301.405.2500 (x52500)
report a problem | schedule training
get detailed instructions | more information