- What version of CAS are you running?
- Who can authenticate with CAS?
- What "username" is returned by CAS?
- Where can I learn how to use CAS with my web application?
- What are the URLs for the UM CAS server?
- How can I stay informed?
- What if I have additional questions about CAS?
We are running the Shibboleth IdP v4.0.1 which supports the CAS v3 protocol.
All University of Maryland College Park (UMDCP) students, faculty, staff, and affiliates. Additionally employees and affiliates of UMES, UMCES, & USMO can authenticate.
For certain sites, former students and/or associates (guests) can authenticate. Please contact IT Service Desk if you desire this functionality.
CAS will return the user's Directory ID. Additional attributes are available upon request.
Here is a little presentation on how a CAS authentication works.
See the CAS Protocol specification for details on the parameters.
All users of CAS are strongly encouraged to subscribe to the UMDIRECTORY listserv list by sending a message to email@example.com with a body of Subscribe UMDIRECTORY.
For additional questions and or assistance please contact the administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org.